Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education
(CAE 2Y – CDE)
Regional Resource Center
Mission of the CAE-CD Program:
Proactively increase our understanding of robust cyber defense (CD) technology, policy and practices that will enable our Nation to effectively prevent and respond to a catastrophic cyber event. This program will contribute significantly to the advancement of a skilled cybersecurity workforce.
Establish a process that will:
- Provide programs that commit to excellence in the field of cyber defense education at community and technical collge and government training institutions.
- Provide innovative, comprehensive and multidisciplinary education and training in the cyber defense field.
- Strengthen the cybersecurity workforce by providing cyber defense education and training through degree and certification programs at community and technical colleges and government training centers.
- Build an effective education pipeline model with K–12 schools to encourage students at an early age to enter cyber defense fields of study.
- Provide the Nation with a pipeline of qualified students poised to become the future skilled technical workforce.
- Continuously, improve the quality of cyber defense programs, curriculum, faculty, students and other institutions.